East Norton Railroad Station


The former East Norton Railroad Station on East Main Street is one of the few railroad stations designed by Richard Upjohn, one of America's first great Gothic architects. He designed Trinity Church in New York City. The station was built in 1853 beside the Taunton branch line. During the early 1900's about 14 passenger trains a day traveled on this line. Frank Clapp met each train carrying people to and from the center in his horse drawn "station" wagon. Later he used a Model T Ford touring car.
 
 
 
 
 
 
  



Drop us an email.